Postseason legends become household names and Randy Arozarena is joining that elite category that features names such as Mariano Rivera and Reggie Jackson. Arozarena is quickly becoming one of the greatest postseason HR hitters of all time despite technically being a 2021 rookie. The rise of Randy Arozarena has been one of the best stories in 2020 and 2021 and he has become a prominent player due to his October heroics that continued in ALDS Game 1 vs. Boston.
Tampa Bay #Rays OF Randy Arozarena is the 1st player with a HR & SB toward home plate during the same postseason GP in MLB history pic.twitter.com/BoDWvilauz
— Pro Sports Outlook (@PSO_Sports) October 8, 2021
- Randy Arozarena is the 1st player with a HR & SB of home plate in 1 postseason GP in MLB history
- Wander Franco is the youngest player (20y, 220d) with an XBH in his MLB postseason debut since 1974
- Franco and Nelson Cruz are 1st duo 40+ & 20 years old with 1+ RBI in an MLB postseason
- TBR is the 1st playoff team with multiple rookie XBH (Franco, Arozarena) & 5 scoreless rookie IP (McClanahan)
- Randy is the franchise career playoff HR leader (11) and would lead 21 other teams in postseason HR
- Franco is the 1st player with multiple XBH in a regular-season debut and playoff debut in MLB history
- Wander is the youngest (20y, 220 d) player with multiple Hits during his postseason debut in MLB history
RANDY AROZARENA IS ALREADY 1 OF THE GREATEST POSTSEASON HR HITTERS OF ALL-TIME
COLORS KEY | FULL RAYS OUTLOOK
Randy Arozarena continues to dominate in October and is one of the most prolific postseason players in MLB history. His performance during the 2020 playoffs was outstanding and his success has continued into the 2021 playoffs. While he was one of MLB’s most unheralded players just a year ago, his rise continues to amaze, especially given that he was a throw-in for Minor League prospect Matthew Liberatore in a trade with the Cardinals, who has yet to pitch in the MLB.
One of the best things about baseball is how insignificant players can flip the script and become some of MLB’s best players. Justin Turner bounced around the league before joining the Los Angeles Dodgers. Randy Arozarena has found a home in Tampa Bay and is solidifying himself as an elite postseason HR hitter as he’s already Tampa’s all-time postseason HR leader and would lead 21 other franchises as well. Arozarena looks to provide the push Tampa Bay needs to win their first World Series championship in 2021.
Randy steals home in Tampa